For information on scholarships, please go here
- A good time to start searching for private scholarship funds is in the winter.
- Contact organizations to which you or your family belong, your employer, and your parents' employers to learn of any scholarship programs for employees and dependents.
- Make sure you meet all eligibility criteria before you submit an application.
- Complete the application in its entirety. Don't leave any item blank. Make a note on the application why it may not apply to you or indicate "Not Applicable".
- Follow directions and provide everything that is requested.
- Write a concise essay. Be as personal and specific as possible. Be creative.
- Neatness counts. Make copies of the forms you receive and use them as working drafts. Once you have the final version, type it or print it neatly and legibly.
- Keep track of deadlines.
- Proofread the entire application before mailing it.
- Make a copy of the entire application for your records.